Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Introduction

About 5 months ago a few stressfull weeks got me thinking about what I really wanted to do with my life.  A job change, or preferably a career change, seemed imminent.  But when I got to thinking about what I really wanted to do with my life, I could only come up with one consistent answer:

Ride my motorcycle.

So that's exactly what I decided to do.  I submitted my resignation at work and slowly began making preparations for a motorcycle ride around the U.S. with a tentative route mainly determined by the location of various friends and family that I'd like to visit.  If you didn't make it on the list, don't take it personally.  I am after all constrained by the amount of money I've been able to save.  This resulted in the cancellation, or rather, postponement of the easternmost part of my trip.

I'm not much of a "blogger" and in fact I hate the word, so I'll hence forth refer to this as my online journal.  I find that I typically don't have much to say that's of any interest to most people.  However, since I'm finally doing something interesting with my life I thought I'd give it a shot.

5 comments:

  1. I'll read yours if you'll read mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fellow Biker,
    I wish you well as you ply the highways and byways of this great land on your passage to discovery. There is so much I would like to tell you, but your Father no doubt already has. So I will offer you this, be prepared. Keep your cell phone charged and your credit card ready. The age of fixing bikes with a Bronson Rock passed away along with my '65 Triumph Bonneville. Most of today's bikes don't even have a tool kit and even if yours does there's very little you can fix with it. Tires do go flat. Lamps do burn out. And weather is. Only time and money can fix what's broke.

    Enjoy the ride, learn a lot and may the Blue Bomber prove to be a worthy steed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went down to Montana, Shelby (Great Falls). Met with my family hadn't seen in 10 years. Are you heading to Montana? I would sugest it. We bumped into about 30 biker's at the bar, just kept running into biker's. Must be a biker's trip route or something. We went to the town I grew up in near the border. A church got turned into a bar, and they have roast your own steak night. This place is desolate!!! Have a fun trip.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD ON YOU-as the Brits would say. :)
    Best of luck in your travel adventures. I'll make a point to pop in from time to time & read your posts, do please do keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, I don't think I'll be heading to Montana on this trip. It's definitely somewhere I've always wanted to go, but it just didn't work into my route this time. Maybe next summer I'll do a trip through Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. I've heard there are no speed limits, which is intriguing...

    ReplyDelete